Paideia - The European Institute for Jewish Studies in Sweden - is currently encouraging applications for the 2008/2009 FELLOWSHIPS for JEWISH STUDIES.
Dedicated to the revival of European Jewish culture, PAIDEIA is an institute
of higher Jewish learning with an academic focus on textual sources.
Coupled with the intensive studies, PAIDEIA is also an applied institute,
enabling each of the 25 fellows to integrate the Jewish studies
into their own fields of expertise and empowering them to return
and strengthen the Jewish voice in their home countries.
Every year 25 fellows, from all over Europe, are given the opportunity
of receiving a scholarship for Jewish Studies at Paideia.
The scholarship offers you a unique experience consisting of:
• Academic studies of Jewish text and culture in the beautiful city of Stockholm
• Text studies using the traditional Hevruta method of studying in pairs
• World renowned faculty
• Applied tracks in the arts, academia and institutional work
• Networking in an international and pluralistic European environment
• Hebrew Ulpan and Study trip to Israel
Candidates should have the following qualities:
• Commitment to the revival of European Jewish culture
• Intellectual curiosity and documented academic experience
• Interpersonal and leadership skills
No prior study experience in Jewish text is required.
To APPLY, email email@example.com or apply directly at www.paideia-eu.org
Deadline for early application is January 1, 2008
Deadline for late application is March 31, 2008